Aluminum Scaffold and it uses in construction
Scaffolds and scaffolding materials are key components of the building sector. Without a robust and reliable scaffold, it will be almost impossible to complete a major structure that is four meters or more above the ground. Nevertheless, contractors expose themselves to certain risks when using scaffolds for support. That’s why it is essential to use only the safest scaffolding materials for your construction. Not to mention the fact that the scaffolding materials used to provide support during construction are classified as plant under the Model WHS Act. This invariably means that your scaffolding materials must meet the requirements and regulations stated for plants in Australia.
With regards to scaffolding materials, Aluminum scaffolds are one of the most efficient and reliable scaffolds that are available in the market today. During construction and maintenance, aluminum scaffolds provide swift and stress-free access to overhead jobs and it is more advantageous for construction compared to other scaffolding materials. Indeed, Aluminum Scaffold is the premium choice for providing provisional support during the construction of hospitals, schools, factories, and office buildings.
Uses of Aluminum Scaffold in the construction industry
Aluminum scaffolds like other scaffolds that are available in the market today are provisional structures used to provide support to the main building. In addition to that, they provide a platform from which contractors working on the main building can work on overhead jobs. As Structures vary in shape and dimension, scaffoldings also vary in strength and function. As a result, you would have to choose your scaffold design based on the type of structure that you are working on. But, aluminum scaffolds are more flexible than others and can provide the necessary leeway for most construction choices.
- construction: as we have said earlier, aluminum scaffolds are used to provide support for structures that construction workers are working on. When working on overhead jobs, construction workers usually have to carry tools and gears needed for the completion of the task. In addition to that, they need a flat surface where they can stand comfortably to carry out their jobs. Though the finished floors of the building have enough legroom, where the workers can stand, work, and keep their tools, they won’t get that kind of freedom working on overhead jobs. That’s why scaffolds are used to provide the needed support. Aluminum scaffolds are strong, reliable, and flexible, so they provide enough leeway for construction workers, who are working on projects that are 4 or more meters above the ground.
- Repair works: from time to time, faults turn up after a structure has been erected, and so the principal contractor will have to devise a plan to rectify the issues. If it so happens that the defective portion of the structure is eight feet or more above the ground, you would need a scaffold to rectify the problem. In this case, having an aluminum scaffold around can be beneficial, as it offers a stable platform capable of supporting the weight of both the contractor and the tools needed for the repairs. Aluminum scaffolds are very flexible and the newer models can be easily adjusted to assume a range of heights. In fact, some aluminum scaffolds come installed with brackets that can be adjusted with automatic devices.
- Finishing and Painting: Construction involves a lot of processes and responsibilities. having a scaffold around can boost efficiency and speed during the construction processes. One of such processes is painting. Construction workers can use aluminum scaffolds to access hard-to-reach areas of the building when the time comes to put the finishing touches on the structural design. Aluminum scaffolds are perfect for these situations because they are flexible and reliable. With other types of scaffolding, for example, wood scaffolding systems, you would have to deal with the continuous assembling and dissembling of the scaffolds to access different parts of the building. This is not the case with aluminum scaffolds. All you have to do is to move the scaffold to the side of the building that you need to work on and continue your project from there. You can also vary the height of the scaffolds if you are working on different levels of the same portion of the building.
- Transporting building materials through a range of height: during the construction of tall buildings, where contractors will have to work several meters above the ground, transporting building materials from the ground up usual poses a problem. However, this problem can be resolved with an aluminum scaffold. construction workers can transport building materials from the ground to the topmost part of the building using chains and wire ropes. Aluminum scaffolds are more appropriate for this task because they are strong, reliable, and safe for transporting building materials during construction. If you are working on the newer model aluminum scaffolds, you can vary the height of the scaffold to pick the building materials from the ground and convey them to the desired height automatically. However, if you are working on a fixed aluminum scaffold, you would have to move the materials manually, using a set of chains or wire ropes. In that case, you’ll need a pulley system to move the building materials from the ground to the desired height.
Benefits of Aluminum Scaffolds
- Lightweight: A standout among the many advantages aluminum scaffolds have over wood and steel scaffolds is its lightweight. As a heavy-duty structure, aluminum scaffolds offer more advantages than comparable scaffolding choices, since it can support the heavy load without stressing the contractors while erecting. With aluminum scaffolds, you can save a significant amount of time on construction projects, as its lightweight makes assembling and dissembling stress-free.
- Adaptable: When you opt for an aluminum scaffolding system, you and your team of contractors will gain access to a multipurpose work station from which you can handle overhead projects. Aluminum scaffoldings are sturdy without being overheavy; which makes them the ideal choice for stationary and up in the air positions during construction. In this way, you and your crew would have enough breathing space to handle different projects at different height ranges.
- Reliable: Aluminum scaffolding systems are water-resistant and impervious to rust. That’s why they are the ideal choice for outdoor construction tasks. Unlike wood scaffolding systems, aluminum scaffolds retain their structural stability after incessant exposure to harsh weather conditions. Some models come with reinforced couplers and frames, to enhance the weight-bearing capacity of the scaffold.
- Cost-effective: In all probability, Aluminum scaffolds are the most cost-effective scaffolding choices for construction activities. While some might argue that they are more expensive than wood scaffolds, the efficiency and durability of aluminum scaffolds annul that argument. The fact that they’re lightweight makes them easy to transport from place to place and around the construction site.
With regards to provisional support for structures, there are many options to choose from. However, an aluminum scaffolding system is one of the most effective and reliable choices available in the market today. By opting to invest in an aluminum scaffold, you’ll be investing in an asset that will serve you well into the future. And you can always resell your aluminum scaffold system if you want it off your hands.